With the right refrigeration commercial system, food spoilage in a dining establishment can be prevented. So, there is no reason for you to serve your clients with bad food that could bring your business down.
But with winery refrigeration systems, chillers, coolrooms, and other refrigeration systems your business needs, tracking which supplies need to go where could be the last thing on your mind. The best solution will be to find methods to avoid spoilage.
What can you do?
Monitor purchase due dates
Make sure providers supply you with the best and the freshest catch and hauls of the day. After that, tag every item with their corresponding expiry date and arrange your refrigeration commercial system with the initial products accessible first. This way, they will be used and consumed first.
All employees need to be aware of the purchase process, from ordering to utilising produce based on their use-by dates.
Adhere to proper storage space methods
– Refrigerator temperature level must be kept at 40 ° F (4 ° C) and not any higher. This will prevent the formation of bacteria.
– Cold air needs to distribute around stored foods to guarantee they are properly chilled. So don’t stock your cooling system to overflowing.
– Spills, such as drips from thawing meat, can cause cross-contamination. Prevent the growth of microorganisms and contamination by ensuring no spills occur.
– Various products should be placed in different sealed containers and labelled appropriately.
– Cheese, eggs, meat, and fish items need to be saved in a refrigerator only up to seven days. Categorised as high-risk items, place them in a separate refrigeration commercial system.
– Make sure everyone uses cooled items well before their expiration date and timeframe. Also, schedule your following set of purchasing based upon the duration.
– Clean chillers, cooler, and refrigerators frequently to prevent bacteria growth and to keep ice from forming excessively.
Set up a backup strategy during power interruption
Do you have a plan for when a power failure happens? Do you have a backup power or different refrigeration solutions? See more here NKS Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
You’ll never know when a disaster happens that will cause power outage all over town or the entire city. This is why it is very important to have a contingency plan for when such things happen. You should also have a commercial refrigeration service provider on stand-by in case refrigeration failure is due to damaged system or parts.
But only start to worry once you get all the data. That is, find out if your area is prone to power outages. You should ask the following questions:
- During a power outage, how long does it last?
- Does power interruption happen frequently?
- What’s the worse case of power outage the city has experienced?
Your answers will tell you if alternative refrigeration solutions are necessary.
Find a commercial refrigeration service Melbourne offers
NKS Refrigeration & Air Conditioning is the commercial refrigeration, air conditioning, and industrial refrigeration equipment specialist you can rely on. Call them for when you need support services and maintenance for your restaurant’s cooling needs.